The Metaverse will provide opportunity for new companies and industries to be created in/for the Metaverse to replace existing ones.
Nvidia pioneered the use of graphics processing units, known as GPUs, now a key component of PC architecture.
- GeForce Graphics Cards - largest revenue generator
- Cloud and Data Center Compute
- Networking - including Mellanox, end to end Ethernet and InfiniBand solutions
- ‘Omniverse’ Collaboration Suite
In Q2 2021, record revenue of $3.87 billion, up 50% from a year earlier.
Tencent is the leading global investor in game studios, with a 40% stake in Epic Games, Metaverse virtual platform and maker of popular video game Fortnite, 5% of Activision Blizzard, owner of the Call of Duty franchise, and 5% of Ubisoft.
- League of Legends
Tencent is the world's largest gaming firm: $21 billion in revenues and a profit of $7.42 billion in Q1 2021.
Q1 2021 Revenue was $387 million, up 140% from a year ago.
- "Adopt Me" -- adopt pets, care for them, and share them with other players.
- "Brookhaven" -- role-play living in a city, buy homes, vehicles, and other items.
- "Piggy" -- investigate the disappearance of George Pig in a survival horror setting.
DAUs rose to 42.1 million in Q1, up 79% from last year. Users spent 9.7 billion hours on the platform, 2x year over year.